12.19.2008

what do you believe?

I am making another stab at going back to church. It is a hard habit to cultivate on your own. Mason has never really been a church going guy and I think Highland reminds him too much of William.

But I am finding that I had a bit of an empty spot that needed to be filled, and only one thing will do.

I am always baffled when people tell me that they do not get anything out of church. I would argue that they are going to the wrong church. I also disagree with my father who thinks that only 'really bad sinners' need church and the rest of us regular people are just fine with out it.

In the two years since T ... church has been a VERY sporadic event. But every time I go, I hear a message loud and clear.

Last week out of no where a slide show starts and the first phrase that comes across the screen is....

Everyone believes in Something.............. What do YOU believe in?

Well, alrighty then....

It kinda spooks me out when stuff like that happens.... where I feel like God/universe is speaking directly to me. I know rationally that on one hand it is just a coincidence and that probably what ever I heard on the first day back to church would have been relevant... but then my heart screams up at me "SEE SEE... I told you that there was much more to this existence that meets the eye"..... yeah yeah yeah....

Either way... I better get on to figuring it all out and just be done with it then because I really don't like NOT having an answer to what seems to be a really friggen important question
... but jeeze that is an awfully big question to answer....

No comments: