8.25.2008

36 years later

The thing I was most excited about was the hotel we were going to be staying at; The Polynesian Resort on the Disney property! I had always wanted to stay there. It is a beautiful resort, wonderfully decorated in its Island theme, right there on the monorail line....very indulgent.


Recently I found a photo of my parents from back in 1972 (just a few months after WDW opened) standing on the beach of the Polynesian (note the Contemporary hotel in the back ground). I LOVE ANY picture of my parents when they were young. Seeing them when they were first married seems very romantic to be. Plus I had NO idea that they had stayed there! I had always heard the stories of my aunt, uncle, cousin, mom and dad trips to Disney... but never knew that they stayed at the Poly (all the cool Disney chat board people call it that!).



By the way - I really don't think that my dad's hair was that 'big'! I think it is the wind!!!!

No comments: