5.20.2008

digging in the dirt

Today has been a long day. Mostly because I have been fighting with my computer now for almost 12 hours. I will not bore/scare you with the ALL details but while sitting here today I made a (what I thought) was a hilarious discovery.

I was cleaning out my email folders. I have TONS of saved emails going back to 2000. Yeah, that's right....

Today I stumbled upon some emails I made and received a few months after we moved here. I was a part of the Mothering Dot Com chat boards and had sent a message out to any other 'like minded mothers' out there in Abilene. I received a few back and started to organize a play group with my natural mommies. But then William was born, and I became anti social....

So today I am re-reading them, deciding if I should delete them when all of a sudden I recognize a VERY FAMILIAR email address... My good friend Leah!!! She was one of the moms who had contacted me, but we had never gotten together.... 2 years go by ... we 're-meet' and now we are the best of friends....

I called her to ask her if she remembered any of this... she did... a bit... but not that it was me... we had a good laugh...

I am amazed how the universe unfolds and wonder if we had met, would we have hit it off at all?