12.28.2007

Wrapping Paper part 3

Forgive me dear readers, for I have sinned....


Well, that might be too dramatic. But the 'No Wrapping Paper' project failed. It was the impending finality of purchasing fancy material that did me in. The idea of sinking all that money into a plan that I really didn't have work out all the way. Plus I found it much easier to wrap each person's gift in one particular paper. Braden (dark green - his favorite color) Mason (red) and Tristan (blue). Braden knew which ones were for him, and which ones to hand out. It really was a great system.


More than one person suggested using gift bags. And while I agree with them in theory... and I use them for birthdays and showers. I can't stand the sight of bags with a bunch of tissue sticking out of it jammed under the tree. Plus, with a bag you have to have the gift upright, whereas with wrapping the whole box, you can lie it on its side or whatever when trying to find space to stick it under the tree.

But fear not! There is hope. I think I have my final vision of what I really want/need for this 'no wrapping paper' project to be realized.

Without any effort the solution reveal itself.

The CLOTH gift bag: (see below)
My aunt ordered a cement mixer truck for Braden through amazon. And it came 'wrapped' in a cloth bag that fit (snugly) over the box, complete with tied bows on each end. (box shown is not the actual box that came... it is a bit shorter, hence the 'poof' at the top - note - poof (which is not desired) disappears when correct size box is used)

It is totally reusable and it can be used for square or oddly shaped items. This totally feels like the solution to me. Now if I can only find out how to get my hands on some! (for free would be even better) Dang! I am SO cheap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS is the time of year to get your fabric. It's at least 50% off, and you have all year to make it ino various size bags, etc for next year.

Never mind the move, small children, laundry, sex, cooking.... ;) (Yes, sex is a priority over cooking!) ;)