4.06.2009

the doctors wife

She caught me by surprise on Sunday, this doctor's wife coming up the stairs near the classrooms at church.... she smiled her big smile and said..."Oh my Julia... it is so good to see you. I thought of you the other day while in my back yard... the weeping willow is so tall and big, it is starting to turn green again... But it is so tall and big I can hardly believe it. Every time I see the tree I think of you all."
She starts to cry a bit... she is known to do that sort of thing. "Can you believe it has been 4 years" I reply to her. I try not to cry too.
She shakes her head in appreciative amazement. This doctors wife... the woman of the man who delivered William... the family that planted a tree in their yard in his honor. His little body, his short life... this big tree.

No comments: