3.25.2009

ultra absorbent

We had the house inspected this past week. It was the most nerve wracking day in this whole 'selling of the house' process.

After over 2 hours of picking and poking at the house, he left to go write his report, of which I had to wait like 6 more hours to hear from my agent just what the heck the inspector had found.

As I sit on the phone listening to my agent read me the report, I hear him say "leak in pipe under sink in hall bathroom". "WHAT?! I didn't know we had a leak" I said. "Yeah, stuff like this always comes out during and inspection." my agent replied.

My head starts to reel... all I can think of is rotting wood underneath this pipe in the bathroom. I never looked under the sink in the cabinets in the hall potty.... I start to wonder.. 'how long has this leak gone undetected...' this is going to be a nightmare...

I get off the phone and head straight to the bathroom.. flip on the light, bend to my knees, move the kid stool out of the way.. and fling open the doors.

Nothing looks off at all... in fact everything looks perfect... 'what the hell' I think to myself.
From left to right.... Rubbermaid plastic storage container with first aid junk in it... then an almost completely full package of Huggies Pull Up overnights (from when Braden was potty training).... then some random bottles of cleaner and a kids toilet seat sitting on top of the bottles...

I must find the damage I say to myself. I grab the package of pull - ups ... and I am startled... They are heavy... too heavy. I look down into the package and started to jump for joy...

All the water that had been dripping from the leak in the pipe had been captured by the pack of diapers....

I was so relieved.... and then in a split second I become a bit miffed about all those diapers went to waste! I am so manic!

No comments: