7.08.2008

good intentions

I took this picture over a month and a half ago. When summer was new, and the promise of bored lazy days ahead of us pushed me to get serious about keep Braden busy during the hot afternoon while T slept. We have his journal from this previous years school, new workbooks from next years school, flash cards of upper and lowercase letters, Kumon Maze book for fun, LadyBug magazine for children a stack of books on tape to listen to, The Well Trained Mind and Kindergarten It's not What you Remembered for me to read so I can be smart and in turn my son can be smart (LOL) and BOB Books (beginner readers).

Last summer we sat down and 'worked' for about 20 minutes a day doing a variety of Kumon workbooks. This summer has been so busy that besides a few chapters of books on tape, a few run throughs of the flash cards and a journal picture or two drawn - we (I) have been so busy that days after days go by and all our resources just sit.

On the upside - He can swim! and he loves it!

No comments: