4.04.2008

fancy machines

I took Braden to the eye doctor today because he failed his eye exam at school (anything that is not 20/20 is considered failing). Even though he has been with me to the optometrist countless times I wasn't sure how he was going to handle it. Lately he has been quite defiant and obstinate, and I was concerned that he would not pay attention - or that he would be overly silly and not stay on task.

I couldn't have been more wrong. He had a blast! It helped that he recognized the office AND recognized the doctor (who is wonderful btw). He finally got to sit in the "big chair" like momma does. He loved every single piece of equipment that the doctor used, asking questions about each one.

He loved the tests that were performed. From flashcards with shapes to the standard letter chart he got the biggest kick out of having the big (what I call owl eyes) put up to his face and the whole process of "number 1...... or number 2?..........1 ................or..................2.

We picked out some frames and they should be here in about a week. He seems pretty enthusiastic about the whole thing. He had fun trying on all the different pairs of frames and being fussed over by the technician.

I know that won't last though.... soon it will be a chore and a nuisance (especially since his right eye is compensating for his left, he can't tell there is a problem yet).I best get a spot for "glasses wearing" on his chart....