2.14.2008

Radom Thoughts and Updates

Braden has been sick all week with the flu. His temperature ranges from 100 - 105 daily... and he has been watching a DVD called Mighty Machines on a constant loop that's been fun :-(

We have started (and when I say we I mean Mason does the work and I watch American Idol) work on the house to get it ready to sell... the kitchen is completely dismantled. I keep telling myself... just a few more days ;-)

Speaking of American Idol: I was really upset they let Josiah go. I mean I know he was cocky and full of himself. But he was really GOOD and since he is young I think he would have really benefited from the experience that the show provides, and we as the public would have benefited from his presence too.

AND: I finally purchased my first ever AI contestant CD. Blake's Audio Daydream. For the 2.50 download purchase price it was worth the money.... it was very eclectic and each song sounded different. But after a few listens I have found myself humming along. It is very produced, not raw...multi layered which took some getting use to... All in all a good effort worth the 2 bucks.

Speaking of getting ready to sell: we just got word that our moving plans have been put on hold.... so we may not move as soon as we think.... (still working on the house just in case).

Recently I stumbled across a few articles regarding Walgreens pharmacies and prescriptions being filled incorrectly. It all stems from a shortage of pharmacists and the corporate office trying to keep cost down. Naturally as I stood there today filling a prescription that is all I could think of.

On a happier note: A few months back I was at the eye doctor’s waiting room. I was flipping through a magazine called Wondertime. I really liked it. So much so that when Christmas came around I put it on my list. My first issue came a week or so ago... and then a back issue ( you know how new subscriptions are always a bit wacky at first). Well, let me just tell you I LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!! Its funny, relevant, doesn’t assume that I am a complete idiot AND it has a very multi-racial look about it. Lots of different ethnicities and people of color to appear (I am no expert) very balanced. The price range for the stuff that they write about (kids projects, clothes etc) are pretty affordable. Nothing like COOKIE (don’t even get me started) but enough unique so that I don’t feel like I am reading Parenting Parents or Child or whatevertheheck they are called. Anyway, point is I love it – I feel like it was meant just for me and what I need... finally the marketing people are getting their act together ! LOL

BTW - how flippin' glad are you that the writers strike is over? Lady T any comments? New episodes of The Office! RIGHT ON!
Oh – yeah – Happy Valentine’s Day – and right – Happy Birthday to ME!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't let them get to you too much! Actually, error rates are not up that much from previously; we (the US consumer) just care about them now and the government "makes" them be reported. Also, they have non-punitive reporting so more gets reported than of old. Don't feel too sorry for the pharmacists or a shortage-it really is more of a tech problem. Anyway, just thought I would add my two cents. Happy B-day!
Martha

Robyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you are all feeling better.

Jen said...

Crap. Happy birthday last week. I was packing and traveling and very distracted. That's my excuse.