11.08.2007

Real Gone

Just a quick update about the Halloween Fairy....

I finally decided that I would take a straight forward approach to this candy delima...

So for a few days after Halloween we gorged ourselves on candy. Braden had a piece after almost every meal. After 3 days of that I explained to Braden "that Halloween was almost over and that we only had 1 more day of candy and then it would be all over." So each time he asked for a piece I gave him one and explained that "Halloween" was almost over....

On Monday when we woke up he went running to his pumpkin and the candy was gone... he went to go look in "the big bowl" and that was empty too. He looked at me and said "There's no candy left!" "I know" I replied.... "Halloween is over." " Okay...." "Okay?" "Yep!"

Braden totally accepted my explanation and after he went to bed that night I cleaned up all the Halloween junk, decorations, costumes etc and put them away...

That was it. End of story!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am going to laugh, though, when it's not so easy to convince Tristan. We'll see, won't we?

Julia Stewart said...

I know, Right! Braden, the calm before Hurricane T!