11.05.2007

Information is Power

I love reading reviews about products... any products really... but kid stuff mostly. That is why I was so excited when Leah turned me on to Z Recommends. It's a blog where they test out different types of kid stuff and then they review their findings. They were the ones who informed me about WHICH sippys were the best and which were hormone Bisphenol-A Free.

Well, they are at it again. (and as much as Mason hates it when I cut and paste from other peoples blogs... I thought this was worth passing along.)


I used Avent bottles with both of my kiddos. I liked them, they liked them.... everyone was happy. But apparently they are one of the biggest offenders of "bad plastic". Even though we are out of the bottle world now... I know a lot of my friends still are.... so here is a bit from ZRecs and the link to the whole report.


If you are here to check on information about bottles or sippy cups you already have, we can say with some confidence that you should be most concerned if you are using bottles by Avent, Dr. Brown's, Evenflo, the First Years, Munchkin, Nuby, Playskool, or Second Nature, or sippy cups or breast pumps by any of these brands. You are also likely, but less certain, to be using products containing Bisphenol-A if you are using bottles by Gerber, Playtex, or Tommee Tippee. We have included BFree in our "Brands to avoid" section for reasons of its own, which you can read at the link.

No comments: