8.10.2007

Becoming a Texan...

Ever since high school in St. Louis I have had friends who were born and raised in Texas, but for some other reason were not living there at the time. This trend continued into our military life. We have countless friends who are originally from Texas. Their children however were usually not born in the state. I can remember the first time I heard " I wasn't born in Texas, but I got there as quick as I could" OR "American by birth Texan by the grace of God".

I have a new " I've lived in Texas so long that enough of it has rubbed off on me".

I know this to be true because yesterday on our walk/bike ride we stopped to look at some animals in our neighborhood and I uttered these words to Braden..."Don't touch a strange fence, you don't know if it is electric or not"!

Giddy-up!

No comments: