11.03.2009

choice

I have always been fascinated with stories of innovation in the business world. It amazes me that something usually so obvious and simple takes a company/person YEARS to figure out.

As we all know the first cars (Fords) came only in one color. Black. It took a bunch of years and new company (GM) to come up with the idea of offering a color choice to consumers. As you can imagine - GM cars sold like hotcakes.

Apparently we have come full circle with this idea, or I just happened to buy a VERY popular minivan in a VERY popular color. Every few days while I am out and about, I mistake someone else's minivan for mine. I walk right up while pushing my unlock button and become confused when it won't unlock. It takes me a second to register that I am standing in front of the wrong car.

No comments: