10.14.2009

Who let the dogs out?

Every morning I wake up to the sound of dogs barking. Not my dog mind you, but 'neighborhood dogs'. It is always around 5am... and they bark for what seems like an hour. Last morning there were two of them. One with a high pitched bark and one with a low deep bark. They bantered back and forth for quite some time. I can't figure out where they live. Our neighborhood is on a huge hill and there are many sounds that echo across the tree tops. I can't help but think as I lie there how many other neighbors are lying awake too. I wonder if they think it is my dog (who ignores all of this as he sleeps in his chair)? I wonder if the owners know that their dogs do this, I wonder who or what the dogs are barking about and (most importantly) I wonder how long this will go on.

No comments: