3.28.2009

utilities

With half a voice and a mild case of panic I dove head first into the task of cancelling and transferring my utilities on Friday.

I dreaded the chore. Dialing the 1-800 numbers. Sifting through the maze of number options. Waiting on hold for a representative that would be with me shortly.

I started out easy. It has been nearly 5 years since I had set up these accounts. I was worried that it was going to be more than I bargained for. I started with water... local call, direct person... one shut off date. I moved onto gas... new account for the new address... only one gas provider in town... the order went pretty smooth. Next up was electric. This was complicated... getting new service at the apartment, while simultaneously keeping our electricity on here until our closing date....plus the woman had some random accent... and my phone was fuzzy. This was the longest call so far... but it came out all fine in the end.

I took a break... the next call I had to make was an important one. My baby... my life blood... I didn't want to mess it up. I had to make sure I had all my ducks in a row... my dates too before I picked up the phone... It was all or nothing...the three things I cannot live with out... DVR phone and INTERNET... I had to keep my email address... I had to keep my same phone number and no matter what I HAD to keep all 65 episodes of Blues Clues that are saved on my DVR... no matter what!

I am happy to say... mission accomplished!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That ROCKS! I would hate for you to be without internet! You must be magic. I hope your entire move goes as smoothly as the water call. :)