1.04.2008

Who are you going to vote for?

I have been talking to some friends and family about who they "like" best so far. I was interested in learning about why people make the decisions they do about each candidate. I realized that I don't know much about our government. I Have no idea how to vote for a congressman or senator.... let alone our city's DA or any school board member.

I don't really remember learning about it in school? Do you?

Most of the time when I talked to people about who the voted for and why, the answer was the same. "There was just something about him I liked." or "I really felt a connection with him."

It had nothing to do with policy. Just whether or not "it felt right".

I thought I would put my experiment to the test, ON MYSELF. My friend emailed me a link to www.glassbooth.org
It quizzes you about where you stand on certain issues and then assigns percentages of similar beliefs of the candidates.

I got 93% similar to Mike Gravel..... oh yeah! wait... WHO?

I got 70-75% similar to Obama Clinton and Edwards

Ron Paul and I are at 55% and poor Mitt Romney is coming in at 35% with me which is still 5% more than John McCain(the one guy out of all of these that I know, and like!)

Jeeze! shows me how much I really don't know. What about you? Even if you don't want to share who you "agree" with... take the test.

Maybe someday in the future I will be able to give book report on voting. Anyone got any Cliff Notes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damnit! 84% Kucinich, 83% Edwards, and 81% Gravel. I don't like Kucinich, ambivalent towards Edwards, and don't know Gravel. I'll just base my votes on who raised the most money.

Anonymous said...

Mike Gravel is kind of a trip. He had a really funny commercial where he just stared at the camera. He is loony tunes, you should look him up, especially the debates. And he wants to get rid of the IRS. I think he is pretty progressive, but will never get elected.

This was a neat quiz. I scored 81% for Hillary (my 2nd choice) and 80% for John Edwards (my secret lover).

Jen said...

75% Edwards, 73% Kucinich, 73%Richardson
But, let's face it, I don't what the hell is going on anyway... I guess it's good that I must believe similar things to that of my husband...

I am finally registering to vote in the state of Washington. Then I can get a new drivers license. Just so everyone knows, I already tried to do it the first month I moved but I wasted a lot of my time only to find out at the counter that in Washington you cannot, now, use your rental agreement as proof of residency. Whatever. I did also just learn that Fred Meyer (a store in these parts) won't let me return my next item without a new drivers license... Good to know.