4.13.2007

My Guys

I have a few guys around town... no..... not that kind of guy!

I go to the same places over and over and over again. The routine has changed a bit over the 3 years that I have lived here, but not too much. I go to the same grocery store, the same restaurants (sometimes the same day each week) and we go to the same car wash (The Four Seasons on 27th) every few weeks. I tried once going to the "new car wash" but didn't like it very much...

Today we went to the car wash. And there was my guy. I have no idea what his name is... nor do I know what he looks like without his ball cap sunglasses and a cigarette hanging from his mouth. But he is our guy. I know this because the first time I went to get the van washed, he smiled and mentioned the new car and that it was good to see us "back".

I have a guy at Jason's Deli (Ollie), a guy at the grocery store (Lance)... a Handyman Guy (Rob) a fence Guy (John)... I have a Weed-Pro guy named James Baker .... at one point I had a sprinkler guy... and my realtor guy Robert...

I have two gals too... the waxer (Courtney) and my haircutting girl... who's name I have forgotten...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I used to have a coffee person when I lived by a drive through coffee place. I sort of have grocery people. The fact that I see them every day kind of makes them my people. I don't get why they say "Come again." Don't they see me every day? Do they think I'm going to travel 25 minutes to Brownwood the next time I need milk? Maybe they're not my people after all!