1.16.2007

Cream of Tomato Soup



2 cans (14 ½) of no-salt diced tomatoes UNDRAINED
2 vegetable bouillon cubes
2 cups milk – skim whole soy whatever
3 TB cornstarch
1/8 t baking soda
2 t of sugar
2 TB of butter

Process tomatoes with liquid in food processor or blender until smooth. Heat tomatoes and bouillon cubes in medium saucepan to boiling. On the side mix milk and cornstarch; whisk into tomato mixture. Boil whisking constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
Add baking soda, sugar and butter to soup stirring until butter is melted. Ladle into bowls.


Recently I have been asked for this recipe. It is very easy and very tasty. I think what makes it so flavorful is the type of bouillon I use... which I have shown here. All natural and no MSG!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Okay, so I am only today reading every post you've ever written and I could comment on every single one but will you see them?

This. is. the .best. soup. ever!